Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Introduction

First of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Melissa and I am 27 years old. Originally from West Chester PA, I am now living in Newark Delaware with my husband Russell, our daughter Makayla, and our fat black cat Lexi.

On December 24th 2008 I began my journey as a first time mother. That's right, our daughter was born on the morning of Christmas Eve. She turned out to be the best Christmas present I could ever imagine! We weren't expecting Makayla to arrive until December 30th or later, since most babies take their time coming out. Weighing in at 6lbs 9oz and 20 inches long, she was the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. From that day on my husband and I have endured hardships and struggles, but most important of all we have enjoyed raising our daughter and all of the beauty and love that came with her.

My husband and I had discussed daycare options while I was still pregnant. Luckily we were both on the same page when it came to that subject- we agreed that I should be a stay at home mom instead of returning to the corporate world. I knew this would be an adjustment, but I was ready for the challenge. My job would be to take care of the home, cook dinners, clean, shop, and take care of our daughters' every need.

The first couple of months were a little tough. I was not used to being alone in the house all day with a newborn who didn't do much other than sleep, cry, eat, and poop. Now don't get me wrong, there was no where else I would have rather been than home with my daughter, but it was definitely an adjustment. I missed adult interaction with a passion. My husband would come home from work and be dying to see Makayla, and I would be dying to see him and have some adult conversation that didn't involve "baby talk." As Makayla grew older her wonderful personality began to develop. We would have so much fun together. I got to witness her first smile, the first time she sat up, the first time she crawled. We explored new foods together, read stories, and played like there was no tomorrow. We struggled with nap time routines, constipation, and teething troubles. The entire experience has been life changing, and I don't know what I would do without my little best friend. I look forward to each and every day with her, and I never want this time to end!

I decided to start this blog to share my experiences with motherhood. I have many stories, recipes, and advice for anyone who is interested in reading.  I hope you enjoy reading and if you have any feedback please feel free to contact me at Friday524@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic way to share your love for Russ and Makayla! Thank you, Mel, for sharing your personal experiences as a first time mom. I have watched you go through all you describe here and I'm so very proud of you and the incredible job you're doing with my first grandchild! I love you for all you've become as a wife and a mother. I look forward to reading more of what God is teaching you. You are a delight and I love your new blog! Thanks for sharing the lessons you're learning! Great job!

    With love, your father-in-law, Ken, and Kayla's Grandpa Hines

    ReplyDelete